Definitely the best Chicken Fajitas that I have ever made. My family just went crazy about this amazing creation. Fajitas is something that I and a lot of people love, making good Chicken Fajitas is one of thing that in my family is very important. I have made many different types of Fajitas but this Chicken Fajitas recipe is definitely one of best in the world. I know that it is a little bit different than you are use to but trust me, it is as good as Fajitas can be.
• 4-6 large tortillas
• 1 – 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast sliced in strips
• 1 thinly sliced green bell pepper
• 1 thinly sliced red bell pepper
• 1 thinly sliced red onion – I had white scallion onions
• 1 seeded and finely diced jalapeno – OPTIONAL
• 1 tbsp minced garlic
• 1 chipotle pepper (1/2 for the cooking and 1/2 for the salsa)
• 1/5 tsp chili powder
• 1/2 tsp cumin
• 1/3 tsp ground black pepper
• juice of 1/2 lemon
• 1/5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Cut the chicken to pieces and add the spices together with the olive oil and lemon juice, rub it well and leave it to set for 15 minutes. Prepare the skillet adding 2 tbs of oil to medium high heat. Add the seasoned chicken and cook until it’s done, for about 5-8 minutes. Take out the chicken from the skillet with slotted spoon, so the liquids will stay in the pan. Add one more tbsp of oil and put the sliced vegetables, cook them for 1 minute then add 1/2 chipotle pepper, minced garlic and stir. You will need 1/4 cup of water so the vegetables can cook easily in the next 3-4 minutes. Add the ready chicken back in the pan and keep stirring well until everything is combined. Serve it on a large tortilla with homemade mexican salsa, sour cream, sliced avocado, chopped leaf greens and a squeeze of lime.