Fantastic Cookie Cups Inspired by one of the best New York bakery “Dominique Ansel Bakery“. This Milk and Cookie Shots are amazing idea for your next party, they are beautiful and they will be a big hit among everyone that will try them for sure. Apart from looking good this Milk and Cookie Shots are absolutely delicious, you just can’t get enough from them. Don’t hesitate to try this very easy to make Milk and Cookie Shots that are such a fun treat for both adults and kids. Many thanks to Brandy Milloy from Popsugar for this awesome recipe.
For the cookies:
• 1 cup shortening
• 1/3 cup granulated sugar
• 1/2 cup light-brown sugar
• 1 large egg yolk
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup mini chocolate chips
For the cookie shots:
• 1 cup dark-chocolate candy melts
• 1 1/2 cups milk
• 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• Prepare the popover pan by greasing the molds and preheat the oven on 350°F. Cream together shortening, brown and granulated sugars in a large bowl. Start adding egg yolk and vanilla extract, mixing all until completely incorporated and then gradually add sat and flour, also mixing it again until completely incorporated. In the end add the mini chocolate chips and mix together until everything is evenly distributed and the dough becomes a little crumbly.
• With a cookie shots form the cookies inside the mold. Their walls should be around 1/4 inch thick. Leave them to chill for 30 minutes before baking. In the preheated oven bake the cookies for 20 minutes or until you see them just starting to brown and remove them from them oven. Let them coll down completely.
• In a sauce pan melt the chocolate candy melts and pour melted chocolate inside the wall of each cookie.Lave to sit for just a minute, and then again pour the excess chocolate back into the pan.
• The cookies shots should be left until the chocolate is set.