One of the best Glazed Ham Recipe that is perfect treat for the holidays. This amazing Glazed Ham Recipe is one of those recipes that is constantly on my tables for almost every holiday, it has been for Easter as long as I can remember. The beauty about this Glazed Ham Recipe is that it is absolutely delicious and it is very easy to make. Recipe that needs no special effort and that will look awesome on your table. Many thank to Chef John’s for this fantastic Glazed Ham Recipe.
• 7-9 pound ham
For the Glaze
• 1 packed cup light brown sugar
• 1/4 cup honey
• 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
• 2 tbsp rice vinegar (or any vinegar), or enough to make a thick paste
• pinch of cayenne
• 1 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
• 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
For the water in the roasting pan:
• 2 whole star anise, and a bunch of whole cloves
• Cut the surface of the ham with a sharp knife half inch apart and quarter inch deep.
• Bake your ham at 325F for 20 minutes before glazing. For country-style ham glaze every 20 minutes until the internal temp is 130 F.
• For regular ham glaze 20 minutes until 140 F.
• To prepare the glaze you need a ball to mix the following ingredients :1 packed cup light brown sugar, 2 tbsp Dijon mustard, 1/4 cup honey, 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 2 tbsp rice vinegar (or any vinegar) or enough to make a thick paste, 1 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, pinch of cayenne. Mix it well and if necessary add 1 or 2 tbsp more of the vinegar but be careful because you still need a thick glaze but brushable (as shown on the video).