For all of you enchiladas lovers this will be a real treat, this is my favorite recipe for chicken enchiladas, very easy to make, few basic ingredients, little time to spare, a cup of salsa and you are good to go. Once you put them in the oven you will realize, oh that smell is fantastic. Absolutely delicious and easy to make chicken enchiladas. I’m sure that this recipe will go on your favorite “to do” list. Don’t hesitate, go for it, you will have excellent, delicious and quick to make dinner for your family. Many thanks to IANKRIS for this absolutely fantastic recipe.
One tip that works best for me. I always use Monterey Jack cheese when making enchiladas, it is superlative melting cheese, on par with mozzarella. I always augment it with some cheddar, which by itself is too greasy to use in enchiladas but will add some much needed assertiveness to the Jack.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 6 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast meat
- Preheat the oven to 350F (175C). Grease the baking dish (9×13).
- In one saucepan heat (medium) the cream cheese and salsa. Cook while stirring until completely melted and ingredients are well blended, then stir in the chicken and pinto beans.
- Microwave your tortillas in 30-second bursts until they are warmed through. Use batches of five tortillas.
- Fill your tortillas with the cooked mixture, roll and place them into the dish for baking.
- Spread some of you favorite cheese over the top and cover the enchiladas with aluminum foil.
- Bake for around 30 minutes.
- Let them cool for 5 min.
- Garnish enchiladas with your favorite toppings.