We all know that smell of gingerbread wafted through the house, yes Christmas is coming. Amazing Christmas Cookies Gingerbread that are always on my table for Christmas. It has been as long as I can remember, in fact I think that Christmas wouldn’t be the same without that smell of freshly baked gingerbread in my house. I have used many recipes for my Christmas Cookies Gingerbread until I found Ann’s one from “how to cook that” Very simple and easy to do and you can all agree that they look amazing. Use your imagination and some preferred molds in order to make different figures and surprise your family this Christmas.
For approx 50 cookies.
- 440g (15.52 ounces) or 2 cups butter roughly chopped
- 430g (15.17 ounces) or 2 cups caster sugar
- 250g (8.82 ounces) or 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp glucose syrup (or corn syrup and molasses)
- 260g (9.17 ounces) or 3/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp golden syrup (or corn syrup and molasses)
- 180g (6.35 ounces) or 3/4 cup milk
- 1195g (42.15 ounces) or 7 1/2 cups plain flour
- 12g (0.42 ounces) or 2 tsp bicarb soda
- 20g (0.71 ounces) cinnamon
- 12g (0.42 ounces) ground cloves
- 12g (0.42 ounces) ground ginger
For the icing-frosting:
- 4 Tbsp or 80g (2.82 ounces) powdered egg white (pavlova or meringue packet mix powder can also be used)
- 3 cups or 380g (13.4 ounces) icing sugar (or powdered or confectioners) sugar
- 80-100 millilitres (3.38 fluid ounces) or 5-6 Tbsp water (less if using meringue powder)