Ingredients for Chocolate Magic Cake: (for 7 inch or 18 cm in diameter cake)
- 3 Egg yolk
- ½ cup (80g) sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- ⅓ cup (90g) melted butter
- ½ cup (60g) flour
- ⅓ (30g) cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups (375ml) milk at room temperature
- 3 Egg whites
- ⅛ sugar 30g for the meringue
- Separate the eggs from whites in two separate blows. Beat by hand the egg yolks with the sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add gradually the butter and beat until mixture is incorporated. Mix the cocoa and flour together, then add the mixture and beat it in until fully incorporated. Add your vanilla extract and a pinch of salt and continue beating for another minute until incorporated. Add your milk and again mix well until all incorporated.
- In another bowl start mixing your egg whites, add ⅛ or 30 grams of sugar and beat until soft picks starting to form. Add the whites in the bowl where egg yolks and cocoa are. Don’t mix too much, just a few times until mixture is incorporated. Grease one 7 inch spring form pan or a baking pan and add the mixture in. Bake in a preheated oven for 50 minutes at 300 F (150 C).
You can find the recipe for vanilla Vanilla Magic Cake on this link