No matter the occasion, this Chocolate Cupcakes With Whiskey And Irish Cream are perfect treat. They are absolutely delicious, very easy to make and they can really line up your table for any occasion. These Chocolate Cupcakes With Whiskey And Irish Cream are made from scratch with a Guinness beer, then filled with an Irish whiskey chocolate filling and topped off with Irish cream icing. I’m not so much in to alcohol based cookies but to be honest I was surprised how good this cupcakes taste, they are truly amazing. Saint Patrick’s day is coming and I definitely recommend making these, I guarantee you will supersized how good they are.
• 1 cup Irish stout beer (such as Guinness)
• 1 cup butter
• 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 cups white sugar
• 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 2 large eggs
• 2/3 cup sour cream
• 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
• 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1 teaspoon Irish whiskey, or more to taste
• 1/2 cup butter, softened
• 3 cups confectioners’ sugar, or more as needed
• 3 tablespoons Irish cream liqueur (such as Baileys), or more to taste
• Bring to a boil 1 cup butter and Irish stout beer in a saucepan. Set aside until butter is melted, stir it occasionally and also mix cocoa powder until smooth. Prepare 24 muffin cups with paper liners. Preheat your oven to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
• Whisk together in a bowl baking soda,flour, sugar and salt until combined.
• In a large bowl with an electric mixer on low beat 2 eggs with sour cream until well combined. Beat slowly the beer mixture, then the mixture of flour, until the batter is smooth.
• In the prepared cupcake cups,divide batter between filling cups about 2/3 full.
• Bake them in the already preheated oven, about 17 minutes then check with a toothpick to see if they are ready (inserted in the center of a cupcake and if its comes out clean they are baked)
• Leave the cupcakes to cool completely. With a sharp paring knife cut the cores of each cupcake out of the center and discard cores.
• In a saucepan over low heat; bring cream to a simmer and also stir in the bitter sweet chocolate until it is melted.
• Mix in Irish whiskey and 2 tablespoons butter until the butter is melted, then leave the mixture cool to room temperature.
• Into the cored cupcakes spoon the filling, when its cool and thicken. To make frosting, whip 1/2 cup butter for 2-3 minutes in a bowl with an mixer until fluffy.
• On low speed slowly beat confectioners sugar, one cup at a time until frosting is smooth and spreadable. Beat in your Irish cream liqueur. You can adjust the thickness of your frosting by adding more confectioners sugar if needed. Spread the frosting on your already filled cupcakes.