- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 12 dry lasagna noodles
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 pint part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Take a big skillet and place it over a medium heat, add the ground beef, chopped onions and minced garlic.
- Cook it until brown, then drain the fat on the side of the pan.
- Add fresh basil, brown sugar, oregano and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, stir all nicely. Add the tomato
paste and diced tomatoes also.
- Simmer it, stirring occasionally for the next 30- 45 minutes. Put a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil and add the lasagna noodles to cook in it for 5 to 8 minutes, or until dente.
- Drain noodles and lay them flat on towels to blot dry.
- Prepare the oven preheating to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix together ricotta cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley and 1 teaspoon of salt in a medium bowl.
- Start to lay down the lasagnas in a 9×13 inch baking dish, first by adding from the beef and
tomato sauce. Than lay 1/3 of the lasagna noodles, cover them with 1/2 ricotta mixture, 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese and 1/3 of the
- Repeat this layout once again and finish with remaining noodles and sauce. Top it by sprinkling additional Parmesan cheese.
Cover the prepared lasagnas with foil sprayed with oil, so it will not stick on the Parmesan. Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes.
- Take out the foil and bake for another 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Let it cool down for at least 10 minutes before serving.